To empower Disabled People’s Organizations (DPOs) based on identified specific needs such as capacity building, planning, advocacy, coordination, monitoring and evaluation of PWDs HIV/AIDS program activities.
An inclusive society where persons with disabilities are empowered and enjoy wellbeing and dignity
Strengthen the capacities of member organizations, support, guide and coordinate programs to promote the rights of PWDs for inclusive services in HIV&AIDS, health and employability.
UPHLS upholds the following guiding principles :
1. Right based approach and inclusion
2. Excellent leadership and good governance.
3. No stigmatization and discrimination ;
4. Partnership and networking
5. Respect, transparency and accountability ;
6. Information dissemination ;
7. Time management ;
Long term objectives or goals
• To advocate for integration of PWDs needs in HIV and AIDS programs at all levels ;
• To support Disability People Organizations (DPOs) in planning of activities related to HIV and AIDS program ;
• To ensure good coordination, monitoring and evaluation of HIV and AIDS program activities, carried out by organizations of People with Disabilities ;
• To collect and consolidate data on HIV and AIDS activities carried out by PWDs organizations from the decentralized level up to central level ;
• To build capacity of DPOs in HIV and AIDS program activities